Baked Watermelon with Mozzarella and Nuts
Baked watermelon with mozzarella and nuts - that is a combination not expected by many of you, but I assure you that it is a very tasty meal or snack that is worth trying. The preparation is very easy and the result is worthwhile, so let's get to it.
When baked, the taste of watermelon neutralizes, so the combination of watermelon, melted mozzarella, and baked nuts is unbelievably delicious. You can eat this meal for breakfast or as a morning snack, appetizer, or healthy dessert. Your guests will love this unexpected combination - plus it’s very easy to prepare.
I recommend to place watermelon onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper, because during the baking, a lot of water with sugar is poured out of it, and your pan would then suffer. However, if you have an outdoor grill, you can prepare the healthy treat this way as well.
Meal for all those who want to enjoy one of the most popular summer fruits in a different way than freshly cut and get to know the new, perhaps somewhat unusual combination of flavors. Preferably, in this recipe I use a combination of shredded or even fresh mozzarella and cashews or pine nuts. Certainly don't be intimidated by this salty-sweet combination, I believe it will touch your heart :)
If you try this baked watermelon, make sure to leave me a comment about how did you like it.
- 400g (14oz) watermelon
- 40g (1.4oz) mozzarella
- 40g (1.4oz) nuts (pine nuts/cashews/pistachios/shredded coconut) (I recommend these)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (340 °F).
- Cut watermelon into triangles and place onto a baking pan.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on every triangle and sprinkle with cut nuts.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until mozzarella is at least partly melted.
- Take out of the oven, season with black pepper if necessary, and let cool a bit.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 slice|