Blueberry yogurt cake with crunchy crumble
Delicious breakfast blueberry yogurt cake with crunchy crumble made from whole-wheat flour. Its juicy core complements perfectly with the irresistibly crunchy crumble. This healthy blueberry cake looks kind of like the famous molehill cake - a crunchy streusel on an excellent yogurt base with blueberries. A relatively simple recipe that everyone can make. If you like yogurt cakes, you will absolutely love this one.
If you prefer oat flour, you can easily replace the whole-wheat flour with this one. That also makes this cake gluten-free, if you use gluten-free version. Also, if you want to reduce the amount of sugar in the cake, replace half of the volume of sweeteners recipe asks for, with stevia, the cake will still have the same great taste. You can play around with the ingredients and adjust them to your liking - for example, add dark chocolate chips or other fruit to the cream. You simply have to try this healthy blueberry yogurt cake, it is perfect.
1 cup is equal to 250 ml in all recipes.
- 300g of plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tbsp of sour cream
- 300g of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of honey/maple syrup/cane sugar (I recommend this one)
- 2 tbsp of whole-wheat flour (I recommend this one)
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tbsp of vanilla extract)
- for the crumble:
- 1/2 cup of whole-wheat flour (I recommend this one)
- 1/4 cup of cane sugar/xylitol (I recommend this one)
- 4 tbsp of butter or coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, sour cream, egg, and a sweetener of your choice.
- Mix vanilla bean seeds (or vanilla extract), 2 tablespoons of whole-wheat or oat flour and blueberries into the yogurt mix.
- Pour the batter into a baking tray lined with baking paper (cake or square mold).
- Choose the size of the tray based on how tall you want the cake to be (I used a tray with a diameter of 15 cm).
- Then, prepare the crumble by mixing whole-wheat (or oat) flour with butter (or coconut oil) and cane sugar.
- Do not add any liquid sweetener to the crumble, it would not be as crunchy as it should be.
- When lumps of the crumble form together by mixing the ingredients, sprinkle them on top of the yogurt batter.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes at 170 °C, until the yogurt part is solid and the crumble has a golden color.
- The cake tastes great hot or cold. After setting in the refrigerator, the cake gets firmer.
|Preparation time||50 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowNut-FreeHealthy Nut-Free Dessert Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.