Broccoli salad with blueberries and poppy seeds
Broccoli salad with blueberries and poppy seeds - sounds like a weird combination, right? However, do not be discouraged, it tastes delicious and I recommend everyone to try it. The salad is great on its own, but also as a side dish to meat recipes.
Prepare broccoli salad from raw broccoli. It is excellent and I personally like raw broccoli much more than cooked one. Be sure to try it too, if you have never had raw broccoli in your salad.
This healthy salad with broccoli is perfect on its own, but you can also serve it as a side dish to meat, it is ideal with beef or chicken. It tastes best after about 2 hours in the refrigerator. I like to also add nuts before serving, which will give the salad amazing crunchiness. For the best nutritional values, use low-fat plain Greek yogurt, which is literally a protein bomb, but at the same time will not add a lot of fat nor calories to the salad.
This simple and healthy broccoli salad with blueberries and poppy seeds contains also a big load of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Come try it too!
- 500g of broccoli
- 200g of blueberries
- 250g of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 apple
- 2 tbsp of ground poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of honey
- nuts (optional) (I recommend these)
- In a larger bowl, mix yogurt with lemon juice, honey, and ground poppy seeds.
- Wash the broccoli and apple, clean and cut them into small pieces.
- Wash the blueberries and add them to the prepared yogurt dressing together with chopped broccoli and apple.
- Mix the salad well and serve immediately or after letting it set in the refrigerator. Before serving, you can also sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh FiberLow CalorieDinner and LunchSnacksGluten-FreeNut-FreeVegetableVegetable Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Calorie Dinner and Lunch RecipesVegetarian Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Salad RecipesLow Calorie Snack Recipes for Weight LossLow Calorie Vegetable Recipes for Weight LossGluten-Free Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.