Chicken thighs with spinach and leek in tomato sauce
Juicy fitness chicken thighs with spinach and leek in tomato sauce with feta cheese taste amazingly and can be served with brown rice, couscous, wholemeal pasta, or buckwheat. A great tip for a fit lunch or a filling dinner with chicken. A low-carb meal full of vegetables and flavors, that is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. Meals can be healthy and tasty at the same time, come and see for yourself thanks to this simple recipe.
Spinach is one of the most nutritious foods in the world, containing many nutrients including fiber, calcium, and iron. I like to change it up and consume it raw but also cooked. It is perfect in this recipe and together with the remaining ingredients, it fits perfectly not only nutritionally, but also flavor-wise.
This fitness recipe with chicken will delight everyone with its beautiful colors and scents. You can serve it basically with any side dish, according to your preferences. Prepare these chicken thighs for lunch in tomato sauce - you will have them ready in less than 30 minutes and the whole family will enjoy them. So, bon appetit!
- 300g of chicken thighs
- 300g of baby spinach
- 150g of cherry tomatoes
- 50g of feta cheese
- 1 leek
- 4 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a deep pan or wok.
- Add the sliced chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) to the pan and stir for 2-3 minutes to sear the meat lightly on each side.
- Add tomato puree, approximately 150 ml of water, sea salt, cleaned and chopped leek, and cook the mixture for 5 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Then add the washed spinach, sliced cherry tomatoes, and mustard into the mixture.
- When the spinach is softened and the meat is sufficiently cooked, remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle the mixture with feta cheese and serve.
- You can serve the food as it is, or with brown rice, couscous, whole-wheat pasta, or buckwheat.
|Preparation time||25 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeDinner and LunchGluten-FreeNut-FreeChickenVegetableVegetable Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Carb Vegetable RecipesGluten-Free Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.