Chickpea Balls in Cocoa coating (Gluten-Free)
This is another recipe of those easier and quicker, but still very tasty. Healthy chickpea balls in cocoa coating are a dessert without flour and refined sugar, rich in protein, fiber, polysaccharides, vitamins and minerals. Prepare this tasty chickpea dessert, I believe you will love it too.
These chickpea balls in cocoa coating were probably my very first recipe, where I used chickpea as a base for a sweet dessert. And it really was a good choice. Since then, my craze started and I have tried a lot of sweet chickpea recipes. The chickpea has a delicious, finely nutty flavor, thus I believe it is made for desserts. Moreover, if you are in a hurry, these no-bake balls are a real salvation, within 15 minutes you can prepare a tasty and nutritionally valuable dessert, rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals too.
Chickpea balls will become your savior, especially in the afternoon hours, when most of us get sweet cravings. They are also an ideal dessert that goes well with a coffee. The combination of chickpea, nut butter and honey is truly divine, trust me.
For a vegan version, use a plant-based milk in the recipe and replace honey with, for example, maple syrup.
- 500g (17.6oz) cooked chickpeas (250g (8.8oz) raw chickpeas)
- 3 Tbsp nut or peanut butter (for skinny version – applesauce) (I recommend this one)
- 3 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 Tbsp almond or coconut flour (I recommend this one)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (70%+) (may be omitted)
- ⅓ cup raisins/nuts/other dried fruit without added sugar
- 3 Tbsp cocoa (I recommend this one)
- Blend chickpeas, milk, and honey with a hand blender until smooth.
- Fold in remaining ingredients (except cocoa) and stir thoroughly.
- Shape dough into balls and coat with cocoa.
- Place into the sealed container and store in the refrigerator.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 ball|