Cocoa Squares with Quark and Coconut Filling
As a coconut lover, I like to add it to the various forms of desserts, because it adds an exotic and delicious flavor to the desserts. Cocoa squares with quark and coconut filling are a tasty and quick treat for unexpected visitors, that like to indulge in sweets. Moreover, this dessert is healthy and rich in nutrients.
Coconut stimulates digestion and after consuming it, you can also observe pleasant psychological changes, as it stabilizes level of blood sugar. Together with the king of calcium - quark and healing honey, they form a perfect match of the ideal flavor for the sweet filling for your cake.
The basis for the raw cocoa part is made of natural cocoa and nuts mixture with the right nutrients and vitamins content for your body and mind. Who wouldn't love the amazing combination of cocoa and coconut? In addition, quark in the filling refreshes and softens the whole dessert.
These healthy cocoa squares with quark and coconut filling bring healthy, unbaked dessert without flour and refined sugar into your kitchen. You can enjoy it for breakfast without any guilt as well. They are really easy to prepare and very fast to eat, trust me. You will find a balanced amount of carbohydrates, healthy fats and proteins inside.
- Cocoa Part:
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- 1 cup almonds/walnuts (soaked in water overnight) (I recommend these)
- 1 cup dates (I recommend these)
- 4-5 Tbsp cocoa (I recommend this one)
- Quark-Coconut Filling:
- 450g (15.8oz) quark
- 4 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- 7 Tbsp shredded coconut
- In a blender, blend together all the ingredients for the cocoa part.
- If it’s difficult to blend the mixture, add a few spoonfuls of water.
- Spread half of this mixture into a baking form (lined with parchment paper or foil).
- Let it sit in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the filling, mix all the ingredients for the quark-coconut filling together in a bowl.
- For a stronger coconut flavor, add more coconut into the filling.
- Spread the filling on top of the cocoa layer.
- Spread the remaining cocoa mixture over the filling and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- If the squares are too soft before serving, place them into a freezer for 15 to 30 minutes.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh FiberHolidays and ChristmasGluten-FreeCoconutHealthy Coconut Dessert RecipesEgg-Free Holiday and Christmas Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.