Easy 3-Ingredient Walnut Cake (Gluten-Free)
If you are a supporter of quick, healthy and tasty recipes, this easy 3-ingredient walnut cake is definitely something for you. The healthy walnut cake without flour is made of only 3 ingredients and you will have it prepared within a few minutes. Definitely try it out, especially if you have a supply of walnuts at home.
This healthy walnut cake can be served alone, but you can also use it as a healthy gluten-free cake base. It will not only please celiacs, but also all those who try to eat without flour and gluten for other reasons.
The preparation of this walnut cake is extremely easy, just blend or grind walnuts until they turn into a fine flour, stir them with whipped egg whites, egg yolks and honey, bake it and a healthy cake is on the table. Stated amount of ingredients is enough for a smaller pie, that can be prepared, for example, in a bread pan, so if you want to make a bigger cake, double the amount of ingredients. 1 cup, used in the recipes standardly, has a volume of 250 ml.
Walnuts are a good source of vitamins B and E, and they’re rich in phosphor, potassium, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. They also contain more zinc than fish or meat, and also good amounts of iron, selenium, copper, and manganese. Walnuts promote healthy heart function and a balanced nervous system. They slow down cell ageing, reduce fatigue, and promote a healthy immune system.
Try to prepare this tasty and easy walnut cake without flour, I believe you will like it very much.
- In a food processor, blend walnuts until they turn into a flour, and then fold in egg yolks and honey.
- In a different bowl, whip egg whites until they turn into a thick foam.
- Stir whipped egg whites carefully into the walnut mixture.
- Pour batter into a silicone pan or a pan lined with parchment paper (e.g. bread mold).
- Bake at 180 degrees (350 °F) for 20 minutes.
- You can serve the cake with jam, nut butter, or alone.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 slice|