Fit coconut lamingtons
Who wouldn't love delicious coconut lamingtons - a soft dough wrapped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with coconut? If you are also a fan of coconut lamingtons, you simply have to try them in this healthy and fit version! They are flour-free, sweetened with honey, and taste almost like the original.
The basis for a fit coconut lamington consists of oats, yogurt, and honey. If you use gluten-free oats, these coconut lamingtons will also be suitable for celiacs. In addition, they are without eggs, thanks to which even those suffering from an allergy to eggs can indulge in this treat. The baked dough is cut into smaller pieces and wrapped first in melted hot chocolate and then in shredded coconut. The preparation of coconut lamingtons is, therefore, no science, and the resulting taste is definitely worth it.
Tip: If you do not want to coat or spread each cube separately, you can spread the whole cake with chocolate after baking, sprinkle it with coconut, let it set, and then cut the cake into cubes. This way you can use only half of the chocolate and save on calories.
1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 and 1/2 cups of oats (I recommend these)
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp of honey (I recommend this one)
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 100 g of dark chocolate (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 30-40 g of shredded coconut
- Blend or grind oats into almost fine flour and then mix them in a bowl with the remaining ingredients for the batter.
- Pour the resulting batter into a mold lined with baking paper (measuring approximately 25x25 cm).
- Bake the batter for 30 minutes at 180 degrees until golden.
- Let the baked batter cool down, then carefully cut it into 16 pieces. Cover the pieces of the cake with chocolate melted together with coconut oil, let it drip off a bit, and then cover them in shredded coconut.
- Coconut lamingtons can be placed in the refrigerator for an hour (where the icing sets) and then stored at room temperature.
|Preparation time||45 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 piece|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSnacksNut-FreeCoconutHealthy Nut-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy Coconut Dessert Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.