Healthy brownie cheesecake with cherries
Do you like both cheesecake and brownies but can't decide which of these two delicious cakes to prepare? Make 2 in 1! Enjoy the perfect combination of flavors with this amazing healthy brownie cheesecake with cherries.
This fit dessert not only looks amazingly tempting, but it is also healthy and irresistibly tasty. The cheesecake layer gives the chocolate base a fresh taste and the cherries provide a pleasant, sweet finish. Healthy brownie cheesecake is a relatively low-calorie and low-fat dessert, because both layers are prepared in a more diet version compared to their classic recipes. Apple puree used in the brownie layer replaces a large portion of the oil commonly used in brownies, and honey is used for sweetening in smaller quantities than in a regular recipe as well. In the cheesecake part, instead of cream cheese, we use low-fat Greek yogurt, which has a much lower fat content and a high protein content, in combination with soft quark, which has similar qualities. In addition, this healthy dessert is easy to prepare.
Try this tasty and healthy brownie cheesecake with cherries. You will see that it disappears from the table at lightning speed.
1 cup equals to 250 ml
- for the brownie layer:
- 1/2 cup of whole-wheat flour (I recommend this one)
- 5 tbsp of cocoa powder (I recommend this one)
- 1/2 cup of apple puree
- 1/2 cup of honey (I recommend this one)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- pinch od baking powder
- pinch of salt
- for the cheesecake layer:
- 250 g of plain Greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp of soft quark
- 2 tbsp of honey/xylitol (I recommend this one)
- 1 egg
- 100 g of cherries
- 1 tbsp of dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine whole-wheat flour with cocoa powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Then mix in honey, apple puree, eggs, and melted coconut oil into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the resulting batter into a baking tray lined with baking paper (measuring approximately 20x20cm) and bake for 10 minutes at 180 °C.
- Meanwhile, in a second bowl, prepare the cheesecake icing by mixing yogurt, soft quark, honey, or other sweetener and an egg together.
- After 10 minutes of baking the brownie, take it out of the oven, pour the prepared cheesecake icing on top of it and sprinkle with pitted cherries cut in half, as well as dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes at 180 °C.
- After baking, let the cake cool down and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set properly.
- Then, slice and serve the cake.
|Preparation time||50 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowLow FatVegetarianHealthy DessertsEggLow Calorie Dessert Recipes
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.