Healthy carrot muffins (from spelt flour)
I promise you will fall in love with these healthy carrot muffins made from spelt flour from the first bite. They are deliciously soft, smooth, and so easy to prepare! Inside, you will find only healthy ingredients and a lot of fiber as well.
These spelt muffins are egg-free and also lactose-free - so people suffering from allergies to these foods will also be able to enjoy them. And if you happen to be allergic to nuts, you can just skip them. I replaced most of the oil in the batter with apple puree which substitutes its role without unnecessarily high amounts of fat and calories. The recipe also contains chia seeds, which absorb excess water making these carrot muffins heavenly soft even without eggs - so be sure not to forget them.
The listed ingredients will make for 10 large muffins. If you would like to use honey, for example, instead of a dry sweetener, reduce the water amount a little from the recipe. I used birch sugar (I recommend this one) in these sugar-free carrot muffins and they were delicious.
Be sure to try these healthy carrot muffins from spelled flour, I believe that it will not be the last time you are making them. That unreal smell of cinnamon, so yummy!
- 200g of smooth spelt flour (or whole wheat) (I recommend this one)
- 2 medium carrots (finely grated)
- 120g of apple puree (or baby food)
- 80g of xylitol (or cane or coconut sugar) (I recommend this one)
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds (I recommend these)
- 150ml of water
- peel from 1/2 lemon
- 1 packet (15 g) of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (I recommend this one)
- 50g of walnuts (finely chopped) (I recommend these)
- pinch of salt
- raisins (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together.
- Add in finely grated carrots and all wet ingredients.
- Portion the resulting thicker batter into 9 muffin molds (preferably silicone molds).
- Bake muffins for 25-35 minutes at 190 degrees, depending on the strength of the oven, until golden brown.
|Preparation time||35 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 muffin|