Healthy Cereal Balls (vanilla/cocoa)
I adore cereals and granola for breakfast and I like to prepare them in various forms, so I can never overeat them. I prefer these healthy cereal balls with coconut or almond milk and I eat them in the mornings with absolutely no guilt, because they are healthy and fit!
Forget about commercial cereals full of sugar, white flour and additives, and try these excellent homemade cereal balls. They contain more natural vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protein than common cereals, they are crunchy and they don't soak in milk so quickly. In addition, they are much more filling, so they don't contain so-called empty calories. The main ingredients are spelt and almond flour (you can also use blended or ground almonds) and they are sweetened with honey.
They are relatively easy to prepare, the most difficult part is rolling, but it is worth it. Just prepare them in a stock, they can remain in a sealed container for the entire week.
If you want to lower the carbohydrate and calorie content in these cereals, replace half of the sweetener with stevia. Also if you want to get gluten-free cereal balls, use a mixture of almond, coconut or gluten-free flour.
Try these tasty homemade cereals in both vanilla and cocoa version, I'm sure they will delight both adults and children.
- In a blender (or by hand), blend all ingredients together.
- If you want cocoa cereal, add cocoa into the dough before blending.
- Shape the cereal mixture into small balls and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cereal at 175 degrees Celsius (345 °F) for 12 to 15 minutes until it turns golden.
- In the middle of the baking time, mix the cereal a little, so that it cooks evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Store the cereal balls in an airtight container and eat within 5 days.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh FiberGluten-FreeEgg Free Breakfast RecipesHigh Fiber Breakfast Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.