Healthy Chicken Salad with Red Onion and Almonds
Whoever loves chicken breasts in any version, will like this recipe for healthy chicken salad with red onions and almonds. The salad is enormously tasty, totally easy to prepare and is also suitable for weight loss diets.
Salads generally are a quick and relatively easy matter, and even preparation of this chicken salad will not take you more than 20 minutes. One large serving of this chicken fitness salad will provide you with up to 62 grams of protein and only 15 grams of carbs on the other hand. In addition to juicy chicken breasts, you'll also find here delicious mushrooms, red onions, crunchy almonds, leafy greens, corn and parmesan. Chicken breasts are seasoned with dried thyme, ground black pepper and garlic.
Nutritional values are calculated with 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan. In case that you want to prepare this salad in the most diet version, omit the walnuts and grated parmesan to minimize the fat content. However, if you want the best taste, I recommend not to omit these ingredients from the recipe.
The combination of all the ingredients in this salad is just perfect, so I hope you will enjoy it :)
- Sauté onions in olive/coconut oil and broil chicken breasts with mushrooms in sautéed onions.
- Add salt and spices, to taste.
- When chicken is done, remove it from the heat.
- In the meantime, prepare the salad – wash all vegetables and place them on a plate.
- Serve meat with mushrooms, on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with red onion, corn, and almonds or other nuts.
- Lastly, sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- You can pour balsamic or your favorite dressing over the salad.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeDinner and LunchGluten-FreeChickenVegetableVegetable Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Salad RecipesHealthy Low Carb Salad RecipesHealthy Chicken Salad RecipesLow Carb Vegetable RecipesGluten-Free Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.