Healthy Chocolate-Orange Chickpea Cake
Certainly, you've already noticed with my recipes, that the chickpea can be used as a clever substitute for flour or fat in the desserts without any problems. Treat yourself and try healthy chickpea with a distinct chocolate and orange flavor in the form of an excellent, flourless cake. The recipe is really easy and I believe that this healthy chocolate-orange chickpea cake will definitely win a place of honor in your dessert menu. You will not even notice the chickpea and avocado in this recipe.
This healthy version of a chocolate cake is full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, contains high amount of protein, micronutrients, low sugar levels, no flour and no redundant fat. Chocolate-orange chickpea cake is relatively low calorie and is also suitable for celiacs. If you love bananas, the perfection of chocolate cake in this recipe is crowned with a healthy and tremendously delicious avocado-banana icing. Just like a dream. You can replace cane sugar with coconut sugar or with a low calorie sweetener - xylitol.
All ingredients together create a balance of flavors and tender consistency. The combination of avocado and cocoa is excellent and will never disappoint. I bringing you a quick and easy recipe for the healthy chocolate-orange chickpea cake that is created for all chocolate lovers, but in more healthy and nutritionally balanced version.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (240g (8.5oz) raw chickpeas)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cane sugar (I recommend this one)
- ½ cup cocoa (I recommend this one)
- 1 orange – juice and grated peel
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 2 bananas
- ½ avocado
- 3 Tbsp cocoa (I recommend this one)
- a bit of grated orange peel
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight, rinse, and then cook in slightly salted water until tender.
- In a blender, blend cooked chickpeas together with water, coconut oil, and the juice of 1 orange until it is as smooth as possible.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and fold in all the remaining ingredients.
- Pour dough into a non-stick cake pan (with diameter of approx. 20cm) or into a different pan.
- Bake cake for 40 to 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (350 °F). The cake is done when a skewer comes out clean.
- Blend bananas, half of an avocado, and cocoa in a blender until smooth.
- Spread the icing over cooled dough and sprinkle with some orange peel.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 2 hours.
|Preparation time||60 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 slice|