Healthy Coconut Macaroons
We all probably know colorful French macarons made of almond flour, sugar and egg whites, that are difficult to prepare, but macaroons is also name for another French delicacies. These healthy coconut macaroons are another French delight that we can prepare in a healthy and fit way.
Healthy coconut recipes are among my most favorites, and this one definitely deserves a place of honor among them. Those are sweet, fluffy coconut cookies, slightly crunchy from outside, and soft inside. You can prepare them in a moment, from just a few ingredients - the basis of the recipe is made of shredded coconut, honey and egg whites. Their nutritional values are also a huge benefit - 1 out of 24 pieces contains only 35 kcal and 3 g of carbohydrates. As they are flourless and gluten-free, celiacs can enjoy them as well.
I think these coconut mini desserts are also suitable for Christmas and other holidays. They are easy to carry, so you can pack them with you for a trip or to the work or school. To prepare cocoa macaroons, add 1 spoonful of cocoa into the dough.
Try out these tasty and healthy coconut macaroons, you will certainly not regret this decision. They have an irresistible coconut flavor!
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites and a pinch of salt with an electric hand mixer until you have white foam.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold in honey, or other sweetener, extract (either almond or vanilla), and shredded coconut.
- Mix dough thoroughly.
- Shape dough into small balls with a spoon and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake macaroons on the middle rack at 175 degrees Celsius (345 °F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- The top of the macaroons should be golden.
- To prepare cocoa macaroons, add 1 spoonful of cocoa into the dough.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Nutritional information /|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowLow CalorieSnacksHolidays and ChristmasGluten-FreeCoconutLow Fat Dessert RecipesDairy-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy Coconut Dessert RecipesLow Calorie Snack Recipes for Weight LossLow Fat Holiday and Christmas RecipesDairy-Free Holiday and Christmas RecipesLow Calorie Egg Recipes for Weight Loss
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.