Healthy Flourless Cocoa Cake with Strawberry-Quark Cream
Healthy flourless cocoa cake with strawberry-quark cream, ideal for any day as well as for special occasions. This healthy cake is totally flourless, sweetened with honey and you only need a few common ingredients to make it. The cocoa in the cake base guarantees its rich chocolate flavor. Quark and Greek yogurt add to its protein content. You have to try this flourless cake out, I'm sure you will definitely love it.
This healthy chocolate cake is completely easy to prepare, you will have it finished on a table within 45 minutes. And who wouldn't appreciate such a quick and tasty recipe for a healthy dessert, right? The cake is even low-calorie, so you can indulge it in a reasonable amount, even if you're in the process of weight loss. Easy gluten-free cocoa cake base goes extremely well with the creamy filling made of quark and Greek yogurt. I recommend using low-fat Greek yogurt to maintain the most favorable nutritional values. As for the cocoa, I do not recommend to use the Dutch quality cocoa, as the flavor would be too strong for the cake, rather use the non-alkalized cocoa powder. Finally, the cake is complemented with sweet strawberries, that go incredibly great with this combination of flavors. However, if you prefer other fruit, feel free to use it instead of strawberries.
The healthy flourless cocoa cake with quark cream and strawberries is a handy recipe even if you want to please any celiac on a special day. Not only any celiac will appreciate that he or she can enjoy a tasty, but also healthy dessert without flour and gluten.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cake base together in a bowl.
- Pour the dough into a silicone or oil-sprayed cake pan (about 16 cm (6 in) in diameter). If you want to use a large pan, you will have to double the amount of ingredients and bake for a little longer.
- Bake the cake for 35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (355 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In the meantime, combine quark, Greek yogurt and honey together in a bowl.
- Then add in cleaned and finely chopped strawberries.
- Cut the cooled cake base in half horizontally, fill it with half of the strawberry cream, cover with the second part of the cake base and finally top it with the remaining cream.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for a few hours to allow it firm.
|Preparation time||45 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh ProteinLow FatVegetarianHealthy DessertsEggHigh Protein Dessert RecipesLow Calorie Dessert RecipesHealthy Gluten Free Dessert RecipesHealthy Gluten-Free Egg Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.