Healthy Homemade Marshmallows
Maybe you’re not a big foamy marshmallow candies fan, but if you have children (or big children☺) in your family that like marshmallows, try to prepare this homemade, healthier version of marshmallows without refined sugar and additives. The preparation is very simple and they taste even better than store-bought ones.
I'm not a big fan of marshmallows myself, but I liked these homemade ones very much and I definitely didn't make them for the last time. Only 3 basic ingredients are needed, namely honey, water and gelatin. You will only supplement these with a vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and if desired, you can sprinkle these healthy marshmallows with shredded coconut. In the recipe, use 100% gelatin without any additives, including sugar.
Gelatin is necessary for joint and cartilage health and helps with the development of the skeletal system, teeth, tendons, and muscles. Thanks to collagen, it has positive effects on skin and hair. Gelatin also improves joint mobility, prevents loss of articular cartilage, and is necessary during puberty.
So, if you desire a small, sweet, and at the same time low-calorie dessert, try this recipe for healthy homemade marshmallows, you will not believe how easy it is to prepare them yourself.
- Pour half of the water (½ cup) into a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over, and set aside.
- In a small pot, mix honey, remaining water, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook this mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Let boil and then cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fold this hot mixture carefully into water with gelatin, add vanilla extract, and blend with a hand blender until it’s a white sticky mixture – app. 7 to 12 minutes.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Choose the pan size according to desired marshmallow height – the smaller and deeper the pan, the higher the marshmallows.
- If desired, you can sprinkle mixture with shredded coconut.
- Place into the refrigerator for at least for 5 hours and then cut into pieces.
- Store marshmallows in the refrigerator.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowLow FatHealthy DessertsDairy-freeEgg-FreeLow Calorie Dessert RecipesEgg-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy Gluten Free Dessert RecipesGluten-Free Snack RecipesLow Fat Snack Recipes
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.