Healthy Homemade Snickers Bars
If you like Snickers bars, you'll enjoy this healthy homemade alternative. Crunchy chocolate layered with soft, sweet nougat and creamy caramel layer with crunchy peanut pieces - all of which you can enjoy in these tasty bars. Healthy homemade Snickers bars is healthy and crunchy delicacy full of health-promoting fat and protein - that doesn’t harm your figure (in small amounts ☺). Plus, they are completely gluten-free.
The preparation of our own chocolate bars is basically very easy. It's a quick, unbaked dessert and you will barely need 15 minutes to prepare it. And best of all, you know what's inside them - no artificial ingredients, preservatives, or tons of sugar and fat. You can even mix in some protein powder to increase the protein content.
Healthy caramel layer is prepared with a legendary combination of dates and peanut butter, that matches together very well and its taste really recalls caramel. If you add in vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and peanut pieces, I believe your taste buds will fall in love with its taste.
Enjoy these healthy Snickers bars as a dessert or snack whenever you are in a mood for a sin with decent sweets.
- Chocolate layer:
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil (melted) (I recommend this one)
- 4 Tbsp cocoa (I recommend this one)
- 2 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- Nougat layer:
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (melted) (I recommend this one)
- 1 cup oats (I recommend these)
- ½ cup cashews (soaked in water overnight) (I recommend these)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk (any)
- 3 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional) (I recommend this one)
- Caramel layer:
- 15 dates (I recommend these)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter (I recommend this one)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 50g (1.7oz) peanuts
- a pinch of sea salt
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the chocolate layer and then spread onto the bottom of a small baking pan.
- Choose the pan size according to desired height and size of bars.
- Place the pan into the freezer for a moment so that the chocolate hardens.
- To prepare the nougat layer, blend all ingredients in a blender until as smooth as possible.
- If chocolate layer has hardened, smooth nougat layer over the chocolate and place the pan into the freezer again.
- To prepare the last caramel layer, blend all the ingredients for the caramel layer (except peanuts).
- If the nougat layer has hardened, spread the caramel layer over the nougat layer and lastly, press peanuts into the caramel (chopped into pieces or whole).
- Place this pan into the freezer for 2 to 3 hours and let harden.
- After taking out of the freezer, cut into pieces and eat, or store in the refrigerator.
- If desired, you can change the order of the layers (for example, place the chocolate layer on the top).
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowVegetarianHealthy DessertsDairy-freeEgg-FreeOatsEgg-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy Oatmeal Dessert RecipesPeanut Butter Snack Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.