Healthy Strawberry-Mango Panna Cotta
Sweet and light, such is this healthy panna cotta with strawberry and mango layer. It's a playful dessert for both your eyes and your taste buds. Moreover, this version contains only 200 kcal and up to 15 g of protein.
Fit and healthy strawberry-mango panna cotta is one of my favorite desserts, especially in summer. I also believe that you will fancy this irresistible combination of lemon flavored delicious cream, exotic mango and strawberries. Basis of the traditional recipe for italian panna cotta is heavy sweet cream. But we can cleverly switch it for greek yogurt in combination with ricotta, so this recipe can get rid of a huge amount of fat, calories and at the same time get a rich dose of protein. To sweeten the yogurt layer, we only use a little honey or, if desired, we can replace it with a stevia and create a healthy dessert that is completely sugar-free.
Fascinate your friends and family with this elegant and at the same time healthy and fit dessert, which can be prepared within 15 minutes.
- 7 strawberries
- 2 Tbsp gelatin
- 2 Tbsp water
- ⅓ mango
- 50g (1.7oz) ricotta
- 150g (5.3oz) Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp. lemon peel (optional)
- Combine ricotta, yogurt, sweetener, and lemon peel and place into the refrigerator.
- In a small pot, mix 1 spoon gelatin and 2 spoonfuls of water and let thicken (app. 5 minutes).
- Blend mango in a blender until smooth.
- After 5 minutes, melt gelatin over heat and fold in blended mango.
- Leave the mixture to cool.
- To prepare the strawberry layer, blend strawberries with 1 spoonful of gelatin in a blender.
- Layer all three mixtures into cups and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- You can decorate panna cotta with fresh fruit and cocoa nibs.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|