No-Bake Banana Cake “Heaven” (Gluten-Free)
With this amazing cake, you are literally verifying the validity of the verdict "heaven in the mouth". This no-bake banana cake recipe is perfect for those who don't like to bake, or for those who prefer quick, healthy and tasty desserts. This healthy cake is flourless and sugar-free, almonds and oats are used instead, and it is naturally sweetened using just dates and bananas.
A healthy crust made of bananas, almonds, dates (or raisins) and oats will form the basis for a cake full of fiber, proteins, vitamins and minerals, free from unnecessary sugars, so you are sure to combine delicious ingredients with respect to so-called skinny snacking :)
Peanut butter is a top for me in terms of natural sweetening and a delicious, creamy taste. Combined with quark and dates, it creates a unique smooth icing on the cake while packed with nutrients, and that fully sums up the name of this recipe for me: no-bake banana cake "heaven".
If you like smooth and refreshing quark, delicious flavor of peanut butter, crunchy almonds, bananas, sweet dates, gluten-free oats, preferably all together, definitely go for this no-bake banana cake. I recommend it as a healthy dessert for example after workout, but also as a nutritionally balanced sweet breakfast or an afternoon snack.
- ¾ cup almonds (I recommend these)
- ¾ cup oats (I recommend these)
- ½ cup dates/dried raisins (I recommend these)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp water
- 2 bananas (may be substituted with other fruit)
- 7 dates (I recommend these)
- 2 Tbsp peanut/almond butter (I recommend this one)
- 150g (5.3oz) quark
- Blend almonds and oats in a blender until they are finely chopped.
- Fold in dates or dried raisins and blend until the ingredients are combined and dough is formed. If you have trouble with blending or the dough is too crumbly, add 1 to 2 spoonfuls of water.
- Press dough into the bottom of a cake pan or a different pan (according to the ingredient amount, it should be a pan with a diameter of 15cm).
- Place cut or mashed bananas onto the dough.
- To prepare the icing, blend quark, dates, and peanut or almond butter in a blender until smooth.
- Spread icing onto the cake and let set in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- If the cake falls apart while cutting, place it in the freezer for a few minutes.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeHigh FiberPeanut butterSugar-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy Peanut Butter Dessert RecipesSugar Free Peanut Butter RecipesHigh Protein Oat Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.