Simple pasta with beetroot pesto
You have to try this delicious and simple whole grain pasta with beetroot pesto! Not only is this meal irresistibly tasty but it also is a feast for the eyes. You can prepare this pasta recipe with either goat or sheep cheese and your taste buds will explode with flavor.
Beetroot pesto is so easy to prepare, all you have to do is blend it smoothly, and that's it. The longest part of the recipe is actually just waiting for the beets to cook until soft. Beetroot pesto is super easy. In addition, its preparation does not require as much added oil or other fat, compared to traditional pesto. As a result, beetroot pesto has less fat and fewer calories. If you would like to save time when preparing this recipe, you can buy a pre-cooked beetroot - I saw it in larger supermarkets.
I used whole grain spaghetti in this recipe, but you can choose any other pasta, for celiacs I recommend buckwheat, for example. And if you would like to change up this recipe next time you are preparing it, you can add chicken, tuna, salmon, or tofu as an addition to the pasta.
Be sure to prepare this simple pasta with beetroot pesto, I'm convinced you will impress not only yourself but also all the food lovers around you :)
- 500g of wholegrain pasta (e.g. spaghetti) (I recommend this one)
- 2 medium beetroots
- 1 smaller handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil (I recommend this one)
- 100g of goat (or sheep) cheese
- 50g of walnuts (or pine nuts) (I recommend these)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt, ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place the beetroots (unpeeled) in a pot with boiling water and cook them until soft for 40-60 minutes, depending on their size.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until soft and drain it afterwards.
- Clean the cooked beets and cut them into smaller pieces.
- In a chopper (I recommend this one) or other blender, blend the beets until smooth together with garlic, lemon juice, nuts, olive oil, basil leaves, salt, and spices.
- Mix the finished pesto with the cooked pasta.
- Goat cheese can be sprinkled either at the top of the pasta or mixed into it so that it melts, making the pasta even creamier.
|Preparation time||70 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|