Skinny Pasta with Creamy Basil Sauce (Low Calorie, Low Fat)
Excellent fitness whole-wheat skinny pasta with creamy basil sauce, and a high protein content. The sauce is deliciously creamy, even without using any full-fat cream. If you still haven't tried to replace cream with, for example, cottage cheese in sauces, definitely give it a try, you'll see that you will like it! You will definitely love this fit recipe for a light dinner or lunch. And it can be prepared in just a few minutes.
In this recipe, you can replace whole-wheat pasta with any of your favorite versions - spelt, buckwheat or, for example, corn pasta will taste as good too. The most difficult part of the recipe is cooking the pasta. Indeed, that is all you have to do. Just blend the remaining ingredients in a food processor and you're done. If you have a reliable food processor at home, (I recommend this one) , you will be a star in the kitchen and you can serve this healthy and quick lunch in just 20 minutes. Such healthy pasta recipes fit particularly well for bustling days. Moreover, this pasta meal is relatively low-calorie and diet, yet quite filling option.
Cottage cheese is a very tasty and nutritionally rich replacement for heavy cream sauces. In this recipe, we will season the creamy basil sauce only with fresh basil and garlic. Alternatively, we can stir in some pieces of high-quality ham, olives or dried tomatoes after blending. Sprinkle the finished meal with parmesan, add couple of cherry tomatoes and serve it to entire hungry family. It will definitely please all the bellies and eyes.
- 250 g (8.8 oz) cottage cheese
- 200 g (7.1 oz) whole-wheat pasta (I recommend this one)
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 4 garlic cloves
- grated parmesan (optional)
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Cook pasta al dente in boiling, generously-salted water.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- In a food processor, blend together cottage cheese with washed basil leaves and cleaned garlic cloves until smooth. If necessary, you can also add a pinch of salt.
- Toss the cooked and drained pasta with prepared sauce to combine.
- If desired, serve sprinkled with grated parmesan and cherry tomatoes.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeHigh FiberLow CalorieDinner and LunchNut-FreeVegetableVegetable Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Calorie Dinner and Lunch RecipesVegetarian Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Calorie Vegetable Recipes for Weight Loss
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.