Almond-Coconut Cookies Filled with Banana Ice Cream (Gluten-free)
Have you ever tried to fill two cookies with ice cream? If your answer is no, then you definitely have to try this recipe out. Moreover, these almond-coconut cookies filled with banana ice cream are even nutritionally valuable and nourishing in this healthy version.
We only need 5 ingredients and a few minutes of time to prepare this easy dessert. It has a high content of fiber, micronutrients, but also healthy fats that are contained in almonds and coconut.
Fluffy almond-coconut cookies are flourless and gluten-free, made of only 4 ingredients, such as almond flour (you can buy or prepare it simply by grinding your almonds), shredded coconut, egg whites and honey. They are tender and very tasty, resonating with a pleasant flavor of coconut and almonds. The preparation of homemade healthy banana ice cream (also called nicecream) is even easier - just cut, freeze and blend the bananas into a thick ice cream before serving. Then we fill baked cookies with this ice cream and we can enjoy our healthy ice cream sandwich. If desired, protein powder (preferably banana, vanilla or coconu flavor) can be added to the ice cream to increase the protein content in the dessert.
Try this healthy banana ice cream sandwich, it is just perfect for summer.
- Place sliced bananas into the freezer for at least 8 hours.
- In a bowl, whip egg whites until you have foam and fold in almond flour, shredded coconut, and sweetener.
- Stir dough carefully and spoon onto a sheet lined with parchment paper.
- You should be able to make 10 biscuits out of the dough.
- Bake biscuits for approximately 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius (390 °F).
- Let biscuits cool, and then fill with banana ice cream that is made by blending frozen bananas in a food processor.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|