Beef with split pea mash and asparagus
Tasty and healthy lunch or dinner - beef with split pea mash and asparagus. The ingredients in this recipe complement each other perfectly in taste and the nutrients in the food are well-balanced. Asparagus and peas give this fit meal the right dose of fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals and, in addition to their great taste, they are also very satiating.
Prepare this tasty, colorful, and healthy lunch or dinner. The preparation is very simple and the taste is well worth it. Properly seasoned beef with tomato puree perfectly complements the taste of the pea mash. This food misses only one thing - crunchy, green, roasted asparagus with rich flavor :)
This recipe for beef with pea mash and asparagus does not contain any milk, eggs, nuts, or gluten and it is also rich in fiber. It is therefore perfect for anyone suffering from food allergies. With its high protein content and favorable nutritional values, it is suitable also for any healthy food fan. If you are running out of ideas for healthy lunches or dinners with meat, try this dish, you will definitely not regret it.
- Rinse the peas, put them in a pot, and cover them with twice the amount of water.
- Lightly salt the peas, cover the pot with a lid, and cook them for 40-60 minutes until completely softened to a pudding consistency. Stir around the peas from time to time to avoid burning them.
- In a second pot, cook the finely chopped onion in a teaspoon of oil.
- Add diced beef, stir and add in the tomato puree, 100ml of water, soy sauce, salt, garlic powder, paprika and a pinch of ground black pepper.
- Stew the covered meat for 30-40 minutes with occasional stirring. If necessary, add more water.
- Bake the asparagus while the peas and the meat are cooking. Wash it and put it in a baking dish.
- Lightly season the asparagus with salt and ground black pepper and bake for 15 minutes at 180 °C.
|Preparation time||70 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|