Chinese-Style Chicken Breasts
Oriental flavors can be healthy and easy to prepare at home too. Whenever I desired to do something extraordinary, but quick to prepare, I remembered the China food. The Chinese way of preparing food is easy and simple and according to your taste, you can add different combinations of vegetables or fruit as well. I didn't have to think about it for a long time, and the chinese-style chicken breasts recipe was born. Be sure to try this delicious and healthy meal.
I adore the balanced flavor of vegetables, honey, soy sauce and curry. The natural harmony of ingredients that simply fit into each other. When we add crunchy peanuts, I am in the seventh heaven. In addition, the meat will provide the necessary portion of the proteins and the interconnection of these flavors will take you a few thousand kilometers to the east. By combining these ingredients, you will not only get the excellent combination of flavors, but also of nutritional values and vitamins at the same time.
Chinese-style chicken breasts are a great romantic alternative of the dinner or rich lunch. They always prove to me when I want to eat a tasty, quick and healthy meal. Expect a longer feeling of satiety and a long-lasting, pleasant honey-soy flavor on your tongue. Yummy.
- 800g (28oz) chicken breasts
- 1 smaller head of cabbage
- 1 onion
- 250g (8.8oz) corn
- 200g (7oz) peas
- 250g (8.8oz) mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 1 to 4 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- 5 Tbsp soy sauce (I recommend this one)
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- sea salt (I recommend this one)
- peanuts (optional)
- In a big pot, warm honey in heated oil. If you like sweeter Chinese-style chicken, I recommend adding more than 1 tablespoon of honey.
- When honey starts bubbling, add chicken (cut into strips) and roast for 10 to 20 minutes until pink, stirring occasionally.
- When the liquid completely evaporates, add soy sauce, cabbage (cut into strips), and cook until cabbage is tender.
- Next, add mushrooms, curry powder, peas, and corn.
- Lastly, mix in finely chopped onion – do not sauté, only fold it in.
- Taste, and if necessary, season with sea salt.
- You can also sprinkle the meal with raw peanuts.
- Serve Chinese-style chicken with rice, couscous, bulgur, quinoa, or alone.
|Preparation time||40 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|