Exotic chicken breasts in mango-coconut sauce with millet
These delicious, exotic chicken breasts in a creamy mango-coconut sauce with millet will surely cheer you and your taste buds up. It is a healthy and fit food that is simple to prepare, made out of easy to find ingredients, and its taste is surprisingly excellent.
If you want to make this meal sweeter and more exotic, I recommend using two mangoes. If a subtle mango flavor is enough, use just one. I recommend serving the food with naturally gluten-free millet, but it will also be delicious served with whole wheat couscous, pasta, or brown rice. You can also try a variation with raisins! It is my favorite.
This protein-rich meal is perfect as an unusual lunch that you can surprise your family with. With its refreshing mango-coconut sauce, it will remind you of all the exotic holiday destinations you have visited. By using millet or rice as a side dish, you will keep the food gluten-free. There are also no eggs or animal milk, so people with almost any food allergy can enjoy this tasty recipe. These healthy chicken breasts in mango-coconut sauce are always a win with all children because of the sweet taste and aroma. Prepare them this tasty and nutritious lunch, they will definitely be licking their plate and their fingers afterwards.
- 500g of chicken breasts
- 1-2 mangoes
- 450ml of full fat coconut milk (canned) (I recommend this one)
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 2 tbsp of wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce (optional) (I recommend this one)
- raisins (optional)
- 1 cup of millet (I recommend this one)
- 2 cups of water
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Mix the millet in a pot with spices and salt, cover with two cups of water and simmer over a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- In a deep pan or wok, melt the coconut oil and lightly fry the finely chopped onion.
- Add crushed garlic, turmeric, salt, ground black pepper, finely chopped mango, vinegar, and coconut milk.
- Cook the mixture for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Then blend the mixture into a smooth sauce using a hand mixer.
- Add washed chicken breasts cut into strips into the sauce and, stirring occasionally, stew them covered for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Add dried parsley to the sauce.
- Serve the chicken in sauce with cooked millet, or with another preferred side dish.
|Nutritional information / 1 serving
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh ProteinDairy-freeEgg-Freegluten free dinner and lunch recipesEgg-Free Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Dinner and Lunch RecipesHealthy Chicken Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Chicken RecipesGluten-Free Chicken RecipesLow Calorie Chicken Recipes for Weight Loss
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.