Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies with Cranberries, Coconut, and Nuts
Have you ever had healthy bean brownies? If not, definitely start with this tasty recipe for gluten-free black bean brownies. You will definitely enjoy this healthy dessert with no flour and no butter added.
When I brought these healthy brownies to work and after tasting it I told to everyone that they were made of beans, nobody wanted to believe me. Of course, they are stiffer than classic fluffy brownies, but nobody felt the taste of beans in them. Everyone liked them and at the end they were happy to get a good dose of legumes into their bodies even without knowing it at all.
I have several healthy desserts with legumes on my web site, but it is mostly with chickpea playing the main role. This time I took the black beans on the fly, and let me tell you, various goodies can be conjured out of it. These gluten-free fit brownies can boast with a higher content of fiber, vitamins and minerals and low amount of fat. The flour was replaced with beans combined with oats. A good dose of cocoa will moreover provide a wonderful chocolate flavor. I like to add a combination of dried cranberries, shredded coconut and walnuts into the dough to prepare a surprise of flavors in every bite.
I prefer these bean brownies the next day after they sit in the refrigerator. Give them a chance, I'm convinced they deserve it.
- 300g (10.6oz) cooked black beans (150g (5.3oz) raw beans)
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup cocoa (I recommend this one)
- ½ cup oats (I recommend these)
- ½ cup dates (I recommend these)
- 50g (1.7oz) applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 4 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 70g (2.5oz) dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 50g (1.7oz) shredded coconut
- 50g (1.7oz) walnuts/pecan nuts (I recommend these)
- In a food processor, blend cooked beans, oats, banana, cocoa, dates, eggs, agave, vanilla extract, and applesauce.
- Then, fold in dried cranberries, shredded coconut, and nuts (chopped into pieces).
- Pour dough into a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 °F) for 35 minutes.
- You can serve the brownies warm, but they are also delicious after sitting in the refrigerator.
|Preparation time||40 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 slice|