Gluten-Free Chickpea Pasta
The Italian evening is already knocking on the door, but you just started a flour-less week or two? Do not despair. For all lovers of healthy alternative of flour, I introduce the recipe for gluten-free chickpea pasta. And don't worry, it tastes exceptionally great.
This excellent homemade flourless pasta is full of protein and fiber for better digestion, contains a lot of vitamins and minerals and less carbohydrates at the same time. In addition, it is prepared very quickly, within 15 minutes even including cooking. Yes, it is incredible, but really possible in this case! The idea of a fast and nutritionally valuable dinner was never more accessible.
The chickpea is a real protein king, and you can conjure a lot of quick, healthy and easy recipes with it in your kitchen. Try this healthy chickpea pasta, which can be prepared very quickly in both sweet and savory ways, for example with sheep cheese, quark, cottage cheese, ground nuts or high-quality jam - you can prepare a healthy dinner or lunch with its help. Chickpea pasta is a little stiffer than pasta made of regular flour, but it tastes great and will fill you up very quickly. Moreover, it has a pleasant, fine nutty flavor.
Gluten-free chickpea pasta, thanks to its main ingredient, contains the required dose of iron and is also suitable for celiacs. You can buy chickpea flour in any large supermarket or in healthy food e-shops.
- 2 eggs
- 200g (7oz) chickpea flour (I recommend this one)
- In a bowl, mix chickpea flour with eggs to make the dough.
- Dust your work surface with flour (chickpea flour), roll out the dough, and cut into rectangles or squares. You can press them in the middle and create “bowties”.
- Put cut pasta into boiling water with salt and cook approximately 2 to 3 minutes until pasta rises to the top.
- Strain pasta, rinse under running water and serve warm.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|