Gluten-Free Oatmeal Beet Brownies
Really delicious, soft, chocolate oatmeal beet brownies with chickpea without flour, sweetened with honey. Even people who are not used to healthy vegetable desserts will like this healthy dessert with beets.
In this recipe for healthy beet brownies, we don't use any flour, as chickpea together with oats will replace it. Thanks to them, we will get more fiber, minerals, and protein into this cake. The red beet will take care of the smoothness. I used 1/2 of a bigger beet in the recipe and it was just enough, but if you prefer moister cakes, you can use more of it and vice versa. First, try to follow my recipe and you can adjust the amount of beet to your taste next time preparing it.
I have sprinkled brownies with cocoa nibs before baking, you can also use dark chocolate chips. For vegan version, you only need to replace honey with maple syrup and use any plant-based milk.
If you like red beet in any form, definitely try these fit brownies.
*The more beet you add, the softer and more delicate the cake will be. If you like firmer cakes, use only half of a smaller beet. In that case, you can also use this brownie as a crust for a cake.
- ½ of a big cooked beet *
- 350g (12oz) oats (Gluten-Free) (I recommend these)
- ¼ cup cocoa (I recommend this one)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup honey (I recommend this one)
- a pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of baking powder
- cocoa nibs/dark chocolate to sprinkle (optional) (I recommend these)
- In a blender, blend oats, baking powder, pinch of salt, and cocoa until fine.
- Next, add melted coconut oil, sweetener, and milk into the blender and blend thoroughly.
- When the dough is smooth, fold in chickpeas and cooked, grated beet and blend.
- Pour dough into a non-stick baking pan (e.g. bread mold or 20x20cm), you can sprinkle with dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs and bake at 190 degrees Celsius (375 °F) for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Take it out of oven when the top is slightly brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the baked brownie cool for at least 15 minutes and then cut into smaller pieces.
|Preparation time||40 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 slice|