Healthy Cherry-Lemon Crumble
The combination of sweet and sour flavor, together with crunchy baked oats and nuts pieces in this excellent cherry-lemon crumble, will definitely wake up your taste buds! This easy recipe for crumble with cherries is my most favorite one so far. It doesn't contain any refined sugar, and is sweetened with just a little bit of honey.
If you are in mood for something sweet in the morning, crumble is made for a weekend breakfast and I think such a nice change will please the entire family. Alternatively, you can serve it as a dessert. The recipe for crumble comes in handy particularly when you need to consume older fruits.
This crumble tastes the best when still warm, but it is excellent even in cold form. In addition, it will last for several days in the refrigerator and it will still taste great.
If you didn't try the crumble yet, try it for sure. I'm sure you won't regret it. If it is not a cherry season right now, you can also prepare it using another favorite fruit (I recommend for example plums, apricots, apples and pears) - you can even use any defrosted fruit.
If you would like to prepare this crumble as gluten-free, you can use for example almond flour, instead of spelt or whole-wheat flour.
- 1 cup oats (I recommend these)
- ½ cup spelt or whole-wheat flour (I recommend this one)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup finely chopped almonds (I recommend these)
- 3 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 5 cups cherries
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients first.
- Then slowly fold in melted coconut oil and honey and mix thoroughly.
- Prepare the filling in a different bowl - mix pitted cherries (or other fruit), lemon juice, peel, a tablespoon of starch, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the fruit filling into a baking pan and sprinkle with crumble topping.
- Bake the crumble at 180 degrees Celsius (350 °F) for 40 to 45 minutes until brown and crunchy.
|Preparation time||55 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowVeganCoconutvegan breakfast recipesdairy free breakfast recipesEgg Free Breakfast RecipesDairy-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy Coconut Dessert RecipesDairy-Free Oat Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.