Healthy Cinnamon Cereals (Gluten-Free)
I have wondered for a long time, how can I make my favorite crunchy cinnamon cereals at home, without unnecessarily exaggerated amount of sugar and flour. And here is the result - the perfect recipe for healthy homemade cinnamon cereals, gluten-free and flour-free, made of almonds, flaxseed, cinnamon, coconut oil and honey.
These cinnamon cereals are even low carb, in one portion they only contain incredible 7 g of carbohydrates - what a delight! And if you're a maniac on cinnamon like me, I'm sure you'll enjoy this recipe. I prepared it by myself for several times, and I have to say that I didn't eat better homemade cereals yet. They are also healthy and nutritionally valuable - what else can I wish to make my mornings become more special.
I also have to say that they are easy to prepare and you only need 6 ingredients to prepare them. The most tricky part of the procedure is probably mixing the dough, but believe me, it's worth it. Regarding the topping, I warmly recommend it, and if you do not want to use a spoonful of sugar, feel free to use xylitol instead. Almond flour can be prepared easily by mixing or grinding almonds until fine flour (or you can use store-bought almond flour (I recommend this one) ).
Interesting part is, that their taste is very similar to the classic cini minis, and I would say they are even better. Well, see for yourself!
Before you start preparing these tasty cereals, I would like to give you some advice - this recipe is for 4 servings, but I believe you should double the amount of ingredients. You will thank me later :)
- 1 cup almond flour (I recommend this one)
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed (I recommend these)
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp softened coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (I recommend this one)
- Cinnamon topping (optional):
- 1 Tbsp cane sugar (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a bowl, blend together ground flaxseed and water.
- Add almond flour, cinnamon, softened (not melted) coconut oil, and sweetener. Mix the dough thoroughly.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the dough out.
- Cover the dough with the second layer of parchment paper and roll it out thinly with a rolling pin- the thinner the dough, the crunchier the cereal.
- Take the top parchment paper away from the dough and sprinkle the cereal with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake the cereal at 175 degrees (345 °F) for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, take it out of the oven and cut into small pieces.
- Then bake again for another 2 to 5 minutes – exact baking time depends on the thickness and on your oven.
- During baking, check on the cereal often to prevent it from getting burnt. The final cereal should be light-brown.
|Preparation time||25 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|