Healthy Fig Chia Seed Pudding with Coconut
Easy, quick and nutritionally valuable recipe that fits perfectly for breakfast. Make use of the fig season and prepare this healthy fig chia seed pudding with coconut. Chia puddings are full of protein, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, fiber and calcium. They get their pudding consistency thanks to the ability of chia seeds to swell in the liquid and increase their volume up to 12 times. At the same time, it is the chia seeds that supply the chia pudding with the majority of nutrients.
I have several recipes for chia seed puddings on my website, so be sure to check out the category "chia seeds" where you can find more of them. This healthy chia pudding with yogurt and coconut is delicious, tasty and at the same time full of healthy fats. If you want to reduce the amount of carbohydrates in the recipe, just omit the sweetener. Figs, that are naturally sweet, can be enough to sweeten the pudding for someone, or you can sweeten it with protein powder or stevia.
Serve the fig chia seed pudding sprinkled with nuts, cinnamon or fruit. It is perfect as healthy breakfast, but also as a nutritious dessert during the day. You'll have it ready within 10 minutes, then it just needs to sit in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
Tip: If desired, you can add in a scoop of protein powder of any flavor (I recommend this one) to sweeten and supplement the pudding with more protein.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt or sour milk with chia seeds, sweetener and shredded coconut.
- Divide the mixture into two cups or bowls.
- Wash the figs, cut them into smaller pieces and add them to pudding.
- Finally, decorate the pudding to your liking - you can add for example nuts, other fruits, coconut slices or whole cinnamon.
- Let the pudding sit in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|