Healthy honey cake
A tasty, fit honey cake in the style of the well-known Marlenka, in a healthier and lighter version. If you're a lover of nuts and honey, there's nothing better than this simple recipe for a healthy honey cake without flour you could find. In addition, this cake is high in protein and sweetened with honey, so you can enjoy it and not think twice about it.
You can have this healthy honey-nut cake ready in an hour and you will only hope that you do not eat it in one hour as well. It's really amazing. The dough consists of only healthy and nutritious oats ground into flour, walnuts rich in healthy fats and minerals, honey, eggs, milk (you can use cow's or plant-based milk of your choice), and cinnamon for the perfect taste and aroma. This fragrant dough together with the quark-honey filling is a truly brilliant dessert for an afternoon coffee or just like that, during the weekend. If you find the quark filling dry, you can mix in a little bit of Greek yogurt.
Feel free to serve this fit honey cake on its own - it really doesn't need anything else. Maybe only the coffee or tea :)
1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 and 1/2 cups of oats (I recommend these)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (I recommend these)
- 2-3 tbsp of honey (I recommend this one)
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml of milk
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (I recommend this one)
- 400 g of soft quark (or light cream cheese)
- 3 tbsp of honey/stevia (I recommend this one)
- 30 g of walnuts (I recommend these)
- baked dough (a little)
- Blend or grind oats together with walnuts into fine flour.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients for the dough with the resulting flour.
- Line the mold (measuring approximately 25 x 25 cm) with baking paper and pour a third of the dough into it.
- Bake the dough for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Repeat this process with the remaining two-thirds of the dough.
- Let the baked dough cool down and then cut each square in half to get a higher cake. This step is optional.
- Set aside a little bit of the baked dough for the streusel on top.
- Prepare the cream simply by mixing quark and honey (or stevia) together.
- Layer the cooled parts of the dough alternately with quark cream.
- Brush the top with the last layer of cream and sprinkle it with finely chopped nuts and crumbled dough.
- Let the cake set in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
|Preparation time||45 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowLow CalorieHolidays and ChristmasHigh Protein Oat RecipesLow Calorie Oat Recipes for Weight LossHigh Protein Egg RecipesLow Calorie Egg Recipes for Weight Loss
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.