Healthy Oat & Seed Bread (Flourless)
Very tasty, healthy oat and seed bread, that is flourless, egg-free and supplies your body with enough fiber, protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. If you would like to prepare it sweet, I recommend adding 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup into the dough. This fantastic and nutritionally rich bread goes perfect with any salads, homemade spreads, mashed avocado, cheese or olives. If you like this kind of nutritious and dense bread, be sure to try this recipe out.
To prepare it, you will only need one bowl, and just stir all the ingredients together. You can also add in your favorite seeds, such as pumpkin seeds or a small amount of sesame seeds (while sesame has a strong flavor and scent, use only a small amount). In case of a sweet version, you can also add some dried fruits or chopped nuts. However, make sure to leave the dough sit for an hour before baking. All the ingredients need to be soaked in water and coconut oil, so they will stick together properly - this process will secure that your bread will not crumble after baking.
I truly recommend to serve this healthy oat & seed bread spread with mashed avocado, pesto or butter. It's just perfection :)
And remember, 1 cup in recipes represents a volume of 250 ml (8.5 oz).
- 2 cups fine oats (I recommend these)
- 1.5 cup water
- 0.5 cup oat bran (or oats)
- 60 g (2 oz) sunflower seeds
- 60 g (2 oz) finely chopped nuts (I recommend these)
- 4 Tbsp whole flaxseeds (I recommend these)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds (or poppy seeds) (I recommend these)
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Then pour the dough into a silicone bread loaf pan or a bread loaf pan lined with parchment paper and leave the bread sit for at least 1 hour. Don't skip this step for sure, otherwise the bread will crumble.
- Then bake the bread for 40 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Take the bread out of the oven, flip it on the parchment paper and bake it uncovered for another 15-20 minutes. The resulting bread should be crunchy and golden from the outside.
- It tastes the best fresh, the next day I recommend warming it up before serving.
|Preparation time||65 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 slice|