Healthy Oat Donuts with Chocolate Icing
I've already seen many videos on how to prepare homemade donuts, and I was always scared by unbelievable amount of oil in which the donuts were baked, as well as their lengthy preparation. That's why I came up with the recipe for healthy oat donuts with chocolate icing to enjoy donuts more and load our body less.
In this recipe for vegan donuts with chocolate icing, only ingredients that are in harmony with our body are used. This recipe can also be prepared by vegans. The fiber is proudly represented by the popular *oats * combined with sweet and flavored applesauce and a great potassium representative - banana. The consistency of these healthy donuts is completed with the flaxseed, beneficial for heart, and the spice of life is added to it through the cinnamon. But be careful, do not eat all the icing before pleasing the finished donuts with it, because the combination of cocoa, honey (or agave for vegan version) and coconut is literally a taste bomb. 1 cup means 250 ml in the recipes.
Healthy oat donuts with chocolate icing are a tasty, healthy and vegan alternative to classic homemade donuts. Of course, they taste a bit different but they are eye-catching and will easily eliminate your sweet cravings.
If the recipe for healthy donuts engaged your attention, certainly take a look at the other recipes on my website, I have several great recipes for fit donuts here.
- 1 cup fine oats (I recommend these)
- ⅓ cup sugarless applesauce
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ ground flaxseeds or flaxseed meal (I recommend these)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 to 2 Tbsp almond flour (optional) (I recommend these)
- raisins, shredded coconut (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa (I recommend this one)
- 1 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup) (I recommend this one)
- shredded coconut, colored sprinkles
- Mix mashed banana with remaining ingredients.
- Shape dough into balls and form into donuts.
- Cut out a hole from the middle and place the donut onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 °F) for 10 minutes.
- Flip donuts and bake for 5 more minutes.
- To prepare the icing, mix together melted coconut oil, cocoa, and honey.
- Dip cooled donuts into icing and decorate.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 piece|