Healthy Oats Bundt Cake
Excellent, delicate and last but not least healthy oats bundt cake made of oats - flourless, with a minimum of sweetener and added fat. It goes excellent with a cup of coffee or tea, as well as for Sunday afternoons with family. I'm pretty sure that even the biggest sweet tooth will enjoy it.
This healthy bundt cake from oats is amazingly tangly and full of nutrients. Instead of flour, we'll use ground oats in the recipe and oil is mainly replaced by plain yogurt in combination with applesauce. Instead of sugar, we will use some honey. You can also mix in some dried fruits, pieces of nuts to bring crunchiness or pieces of dark chocolate for even more delicious taste. The bundt cake is so easy to prepare, that even a total beginner in the kitchen can handle it. It is not necessary to whip the eggs separately and it doesn't even require any other special processes. I recommend adding cinnamon or lemon peel to the dough as well, it will make the bundt cake absolutely irresistible.
This healthy oats bundt cake is slightly sweet, so if you like your desserts more sweet, I recommend adding 2-3 additional tablespoons of honey (or 1/2 tsp stevia) or you can serve the bundt cake spread with some high quality marmalade. Many of you have favored this recipe very much and I am so excited of it! :)
- 3 cups oats (I recommend these)
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp honey (or other sweetener) (I recommend this one)
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 220 g (7.8 oz) plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp sodium bicarbonate (or 1 baking soda)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or lemon peel) (I recommend this one)
- dried cranberries, raisins, nuts, dark chocolate pieces (optional, but recommended) (I recommend these)
- Blend or grind the oats into a fine flour.
- In a bowl, mix them with all the other ingredients.
- Pour the dough into a standard-sized, silicone or other bundt cake pan spread with butter.
- Bake the bundt cake for 50-55 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius (300 degrees Fahrenheit) until golden.
- After baking, let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then you can sprinkle the cake with sifted coconut flour for the sugary effect.
|Preparation time||60 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 slice|