Mango smoothie bowl with poppy seeds
If you crave a healthy, quick, and at the same time original breakfast that will please not only the body but also the eyes, I definitely recommend trying this mango smoothie bowl with poppy seeds, coconut, and pomegranate. Treat yourself to exotic flavors in the morning and recharge yourself with valuable vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants.
Smoothie bowl is actually a thicker smoothie, which is usually thickened with oats or protein powder, but in this recipe, we will use coconut and poppy seeds for thickening. You will have the smoothie bowl ready within 10 minutes and I believe that the whole family, including the little ones, will love it.
In summer, I recommend using frozen mango, which will make the smoothie even more refreshing and thicker. The poppy seeds can be either ground or whole in this recipe. If interested, protein powder (I recommend this one) can also be added to this smoothie bowl, making this breakfast smoothie even thicker, more filling, and full of protein. I recommend using the protein powder in either coconut or vanilla flavor.
I liked this form of fit breakfast right from the first try and I believe that it charms not only with its simplicity and appearance but also with its incredible flavor.
- 200g of mango (fresh or frozen)
- 150g of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp of poppy seeds
- 50ml of milk (coconut/almond)
- pomegranate, coconut (as toppings)
- protein powder (optional) (I recommend this one)
- Peel the mango and cut it into small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend them until smooth. You should get a thick smoothie consistency.
- Serve the smoothie in a bowl or deep plate, top with pomegranate seeds, pieces of coconut, and serve as soon as possible.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|