No-bake Cocoa Squares (Gluten-Free)
Once again, an excellent recipe for a no-bake healthy alternative to a sweet dessert. For all lovers of cocoa desserts in various ways, I introduce you to health-praised, gluten-free no-bake cocoa squares.
This simple recipe hides in delicious, healthy, and easy to prepare no-bake cocoa squares made of high-quality ingredients rich in vitamins, such as dates, nuts, cocoa, bananas and honey. These healthy squares contain no flour or gluten, so they are also a great treat for celiacs.
Cocoa squares consist of two important and consecutive layers. The first layer is firmer and forms the basis of this no-bake cake. The top layer is a little more creamy and smooth, with a pleasant touch of banana flavor that refreshes the dessert. Check out what a wonderful banana-cacao connection is in this delicious, no-bake dessert. For vegan version, just use maple syrup instead of honey.
No-bake cocoa squares are rich in fiber, many micronutrients and healthy fats. This dessert is really filling, so it also serves as a healthy form of breakfast or filling snack between the meals.
- Soak dates and raisins in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes and then strain.
- In a food processor, blend dates, almonds, walnuts (or oats), and cocoa.
- Spread this mixture into a smaller baking pan (e.g. bread mold) and place into the freezer.
- Choose the pan size according to the desired square height.
- In a blender, blend bananas, almond (or peanut) butter, honey, and another ¼ cup cocoa.
- Spread this mixture onto the first layer.
- Place into the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- When set, take them out of the freezer and cut.
- If you have leftovers, you can place them into the freezer again.
- Take them out a few minutes before eating.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowVegetarianHealthy DessertsDairy-freeEgg-FreeHealthy Vegan Dessert RecipesEgg-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy Gluten Free Dessert RecipesHealthy High Fiber DessertsVegan Holiday and Christmas RecipesGluten-Free Holiday and Christmas Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.