Quick polenta with spinach and mushrooms
If you are looking for a quick and healthy meal that will satisfy you and that has a low calorie content at the same time, try this tasty polenta with spinach and mushrooms. You can prepare it for breakfast, snack, or dinner. If you haven't tried salty polenta recipe yet, you have the right recipe on hand - be sure to try it.
Polenta is tasty, smells great, and, last but not least, is also nutritious. That's why it's very popular, especially as a sweet breakfast. We've already tried the breakfast polenta cake (), so it's time to try the salty version as well. Healthy polenta with spinach and mushrooms. The preparation is very simple. Mix the stewed vegetables with the prepared polenta and serve. Another simple, healthy, and tasty everyday meal. You can add other ingredients to your version, more vegetables, or even pan-grilled meat.
I recommend serving the meal with grated Parmesan cheese on top. This fit recipe with polenta is pleasing both to the tummy and to the eye - see how beautiful it looks on a plate!
1 cup = 250 ml
- 1/4 cup of polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 cup of water
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of salt (I recommend this one)
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 50g of mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small pot, mix the polenta with water, salt, and garlic powder.
- Bring the polenta to a boil and cook until it absorbs all the water.
- In a pot, pour 3-5 tablespoons of water on spinach and mushrooms, lightly salt and season to taste and simmer covered until softened (about 5 minutes).
- In the end, combine the spinach and mushrooms with the cooked polenta and sprinkle with a spoonful of grated Parmesan cheese.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|