Raspberry Cake with Avocado-Cocoa Filling (Gluten-Free)
If you like healthy desserts, you will definitely enjoy this raspberry cake with an oatmeal-hazelnut base. This raspberry cake with avocado-cocoa filling consists of only healthy ingredients, just look at the list and I believe your mouth will start watering.
This healthy cake is rich in nutrients, including micronutrients and antioxidants, as well as its higher fiber content, which is provided by creamy avocado, oats and nuts. The cake is flourless and gluten-free and is sweetened with honey, that gives it a delicious sweet taste. The cake filling is made of a healthy, homemade version of the hazelnut-chocolate spread. We will use avocado in combination with cocoa, honey, hazelnuts and Greek yogurt to soften it and supplement the protein content in the recipe. Believe me, the combination of this avocado-cocoa filling with raspberries is literally irresistible.
Raspberry cake with avocado-cocoa filling is a tasty and nutritious dessert, suitable with an afternoon cup of coffee or as breakfast too. It will surely kick-start you with valuable energy and its delicious taste. So don't hesitate and try out this healthy raspberry cake, you will like it, I'm sure.
- 1 ½ cup oats (I recommend these)
- 30g (1oz) pecan nuts
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (I recommend this one)
- 150g (5.3oz) raspberries
- 1 ripe avocado
- 250g (8.8oz) Greek yogurt
- 40g (1.4oz) hazelnuts (I recommend these)
- ¼ cup cocoa (I recommend this one)
- 5 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- In a blender, blend oats and nuts until you almost have the texture of flour.
- Next, fold in shredded coconut, cinnamon, melted coconut oil, honey, and applesauce.
- Press this dough into the bottom and edges of a small cake pan.
- Bake cake at 190 degrees Celsius (375 °F) for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Sauté hazelnuts slightly in a dry pan until golden, and then blend with remaining filling ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour filling onto the cooled cake, decorate with raspberries and place into the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- At the end, you can pour melted dark chocolate over the cake and decorate with a mint leaf.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowVegetarianHealthy DessertsEgg-FreeAvocadoOatsEgg-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy High Fiber DessertsHealthy Oatmeal Dessert RecipesHigh Fiber Oat Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.