Simple egg pizza pocket (Calzone)
Stuffed egg pizza pocket is a simple fit recipe perfect for dinner or lunch. If you need an inspiration for new egg recipes, come and try this one. I'm sure you'll like it.
The original pizza pocket, called Calzone, comes from Naples, Italy. It's basically a stuffed and baked pizza dough. You can fill it with basically any ingredient, but the most commonly used ingredients are those that go on a pizza. So I used my favorite combination in this recipe but can play around with the fillings according to your own taste and imagination. Spinach, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, chicken or other meat, tuna, vegetables, eggs, or ricotta, for example, also fit perfectly.
However, I changed the recipe for the pizza pocket a bit and I prepared a diet-friendly version without yeast. The main ingredients of the dough recipe are eggs and whole wheat spelled flour. So you can imagine that the dough doesn't taste the same as the classic Calzone, but I think I did well and this egg pizza pocket tastes great. But be prepared for the egg flavor! :)
This pizza pocket made of eggs has an amazingly crunchy crust and a surprise awaits you inside in the form of an irresistible combination of ingredients. From the recipe, you will get 1 large and filling portion. Half of this pizza pocket will probably be enough for most people for dinner.
- 3 eggs
- 60g of whole wheat spelled flour (or buckwheat) (I recommend this one)
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of oregano
- for the filling:
- 30g of tomato puree
- 1 tbsp of water
- 70g of high-quality ham
- 50g of mushrooms (e.g. champignons)
- 30g of grated mozzarella
- 30g of sweetcorn
- Mix all the ingredients for the egg pizza dough together.
- Pour the dough into a cake tin lined with baking paper (about 26 cm in diameter).
- Bake the dough for 20 minutes at 190 degrees, pulling it out halfway through baking and quickly making a few holes in it with a fork.
- After 20 minutes, take the dough out of the oven.
- Spread tomato puree on the dough.
- Put finely chopped mushrooms, ham, corn, and cheese on one half of the dough.
- Fold the pizza pocket in half and let it bake for another 10 minutes at 190 degrees.
|Preparation time||45 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeHigh FiberDinner and LunchNut-FreeVegetableVegetable Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Egg Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.