Spinach Pancakes with Chicken
This time, I have a tip for a tasty fitness lunch or dinner with chicken meat for you. Try these healthy spinach pancakes with chicken, that will not only please you with high protein content, but will also satisfy your taste buds.
Spinach pancakes are very easy to prepare and you only need 4 ingredients to make them - spinach, oats, egg whites and plain yogurt. They are flour-free and are a great way to quietly "smuggle" more vegetables in a tasty form into your menu. You can also prepare these spinach pancakes without meat for example, for breakfast.
In this recipe we will use cottage cheese instead of dressing, that makes a tasteful addition, without uselessly added fat and calories. Another advantage of this meal is that it is low calorie, low fat and low carb, which means it contains just a little bit of carbohydrates. Again, this is a great recipe in which, thanks to its taste, you won't even notice that it is a diet meal.
So if you are looking for a tasty fitness recipe for chicken breast meal, definitely try out these spinach pancakes with chicken and cottage cheese. You will have it on your table within 30 minutes. Moreover, it will fill you up and thanks to its favorable nutritional values, it is ideal as after workout meal too.
- 100g (3.5oz) fresh spinach
- 40g (1.4oz) oats (I recommend these)
- 3 big egg whites
- 40g (1.4oz) plain yogurt
- 250g (8.8oz) chicken breasts
- 100g (3.5oz) cottage cheese or fresh mozzarella (slices)
- Grill diced chicken breasts in a grilling pan until golden.
- When done, cover the pan so the chicken doesn’t get cold.
- Blend together all the ingredients for spinach pancakes in a blender until a smooth batter is created.
- Then pour the batter into a pan and cook the pancake for approximately 1 minute on each side.
- When pancakes are done, layer all the ingredients on a plate to create a tower.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|