Apple-Oatmeal Cake (Flourless and Gluten-Free)
Tasty apple-oatmeal cake made of oats and coconut flour with a fine cinnamon touch, suitable as a healthy dessert or as a filling sweet breakfast. This healthy cake is without added flour, gluten, or fat.
There are plenty of recipes for healthy apple cakes, and each one is unique in its own way. This recipe will please all fans of a healthy lifestyle. The cake is rich in nutrients and at the same time, will fill you up well. You will find a lot of fiber, but also protein inside. Instead of oil, we will use Greek yogurt in the recipe, that will soften it and is also rich in protein.
Thanks to coconut flour and oats, this flourless apple-oatmeal cake is lovely juicy and tender. The cake is sweetened with honey, and the pieces of juicy raisins hidden in every bite are enhancing its taste, too. If you don't like raisins, you can of course omit them or replace them with dried cranberries.
Enjoy this healthy apple cake recipe, it will prove very useful in apple season. I like to serve it with pecan nuts and a cup of good coffee, yummy.
- 250g (8.8oz) oats (I recommend these)
- 80g (2.8oz) coconut flour (I recommend this one)
- 50g (1.7oz) dried raisins
- 400ml (13.5 fl.oz) boiling water
- 400g (14oz) apples
- 150g (5.3oz) Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 5 to 6 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- 40g (1.4oz) pecan nuts
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ground cinnamon (I recommend this one)
- a pinch of salt
- In a bowl, whip egg whites and a pinch of salt until you have a firm foam, and then carefully fold in honey and egg yolks.
- In a different bowl, pour boiling water over oats that have been mixed with coconut flour, add yogurt, and stir thoroughly.
- Next, fold in raisins, baking powder, and the egg mixture.
- Stir the dough and pour into a big cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cut apples into cubes, sprinkle with cinnamon, and place onto the dough.
- Press them slightly by hand.
- Bake cake for approximately 35 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius (345 °F) until a skewer comes out clean.
- Before serving, let the cake cool, sprinkle with pecan nuts, and pour honey over the cake.
|Preparation time||45 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh ProteinVegetarianBreakfastHealthy DessertsOatsEggEgg Breakfast RecipesBreakfast Oat RecipesHigh Protein Dessert RecipesLow Calorie Dessert RecipesHealthy High Fiber DessertsHealthy Oatmeal Dessert RecipesHigh Protein Coconut RecipesHigh Fiber Oat Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.