Crunchy Baked Granola (Oil-free and Sugar-free)
I believe you will agree with me that homemade granola (also called baked muesli) is the best. Plus, if it is a healthier and more diet version than the store-bought one, it's a total win. And that amazing smell in the whole apartment during the baking is indescribable.
I have to admit that the baked muesli is my favorite choice for a healthy breakfast if I am in rush - which is quite often. That's why I prepare healthy granola almost every weekend for the whole week ahead. I don’t have to prepare anything in the morning, I just pour it with yogurt, eat breakfast in 3 minutes, and I can go peacefully. Thus in sealed container it remains crunchy throughout the entire week.
This sugar-free and oil-free baked granola is simply excellent. And it is crunchy even though there is no oil, sugar or honey used in the recipe. Those were replaced with applesauce, which makes this granola hold together and has a lower fat, sugar, and calorie content than classic granola. I prefer to enjoy it in yogurt, coconut milk or just plain.
Prepare healthy homemade baked granola that will be more crunchy and healthy and tastes even better than some store-bought granola. Inside you will find only healthy ingredients, no preservatives or simple sugars. And the connection of baked oats, nuts and dried fruits in small crunchy pieces is surreal. You can even add in a protein powder of any flavor to increase the protein content in this recipe.
On my website I have several recipes for a great homemade granola. However, this is the most diet version.
After the baking, let the granola cool off while on the baking sheet, because it hardens nicely right during the cooling process.
- Cut nuts into smaller pieces so that they will stick together with other ingredients in lumps.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The mixture should be in one piece. The thinner the layer, the crunchier the granola will be.
- Bake granola at 160 degrees Celsius (320 °F) for 30 to 35 minutes until it turns golden. Be careful not to burn it.
- If the granola is still not crunchy enough after 35 minutes, break it into pieces, raise the baking temperature to 180 degrees Celsius (350 °F), and bake for another 5 minutes.
|Preparation time||40 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|