Delicious Chicken Spinach Risotto
If you are looking for a tasty chicken risotto recipe, you've just found one. This healthy chicken risotto with spinach is one of the best I've ever eaten. In addition, its high protein content (35 g per portion) and lower calorie content is heartwarming.
Risotto is the perfect choice if you are too busy, or you do not want to spend much time in the kitchen. It is easy to prepare just in a few minutes, in one pot, so any beginner in the kitchen can handle it. Even though you don't find any cheese in it, this fit risotto is nicely creamy. The trick lies in the slow cooking of rice in a larger quantity of liquid, on a weak flame. If you want to give the risotto an even more significant flavor, you can use the vegetable stock instead of water, but don't skip the milk.
I recommend preparing it with brown rice, which has more fiber and protein content and a lower glycemic index compared to the classic rice, but you can use any other rice according to your preferences. If desired, you can also add mushrooms and corn into the risotto.
Try this tasty chicken risotto for lunch or dinner, you will definitely enjoy it.
- 500g (17oz) chicken breasts
- 2 cups brown rice
- 200g (7oz) fresh spinach
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ⅓ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of coriander
- corn (optional)
- mushrooms (optional)
- You can prepare risotto in a wok pan, non-stick pot, or a deep pan.
- Place 3 tablespoons of butter into a pot and let it melt.
- Sauté finely chopped onion in melted butter until golden.
- Add diced meat and mix.
- Pour in 1 cup of water and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Then add washed spinach and stir until all the spinach is stewed.
- If desired, add corn and chopped mushrooms.
- Add rice along with 3 cups of water and 1 cup of milk into a pot.
- Season with salt and spices, stir, and cook until all water is absorbed.
- If necessary, add some water. At the end, rice should be soft and slightly sticky.
|Preparation time||60 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeLow CalorieDinner and LunchGluten-FreeNut-FreeChickenRiceVegetableDinner and Lunch Rice RecipesVegetable Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Calorie Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Rice RecipesGluten-Free Rice RecipesLow Calorie Vegetable Recipes for Weight LossGluten-Free Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.