Easy Chicken Pad Thai
If you like the tastes of exotics, you have to try this healthy and easy chicken pad thai for sure. It is a meal with delicious taste, but at the same time, a diet meal with a good amount of vegetables and protein inside. So if you have troubles figuring out what healthy and tasty you should cook today, reach out for this light recipe.
This fit chicken pad thai is healthy and so easy to make. It's not demanding for ingredients, even though it has a lot of flavors hidden inside. It's really a healthy fit recipe with chicken meat that is easy and quick to prepare. In addition, you will love its nutritional features - it's low-calorie, low-carb and rich in protein, thus also suitable for weight loss. It's ideal as a healthy lunch or dinner.
Pad Thai is a traditional Thai street-food that is usually served with noodles and is either supplemented with tofu, chicken, or shrimp. However, in this light version, I use cabbage instead of noodles, and chicken will play the main role here, as it is a great source of proteins.
And to show you how easy it is to prepare this light chicken pad thai, I've also made a short video recipe for you, that you can find below.
So what, did I convince you? :)
- 400 g (14.1 oz) chicken breasts
- 1 small cabbage
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (I recommend this one)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 4 Tbsp peanuts
- 1 green pepper
- sea salt
- handful of fresh parsley
- juice of 1 lime/lemon
- ground black pepper
- 1 spring onion
- Clean the cabbage and slice it into thin pieces.
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil on the pan, add thinly cut chicken breasts and grill until golden (about 5-6 minutes).
- In the meantime, heat the remaining teaspoon of coconut oil in a larger pot.
- Add chopped spring onion and green pepper, crushed cloves of garlic, finely chopped peanuts, sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Stir the mixture for one minute and then add in chopped cabbage.
- Stew the cabbage for 3 minutes and then mix in the eggs, that you whisked with a fork in a small bowl beforehand.
- Boil the mixture while stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Then add soy sauce and chicken broth. Cook the mixture for another 2 minutes.
- After that, mix in the grilled chicken breasts and fresh parsley.
- Before serving, drizzle the pad thai with lime or lemon juice.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeHigh FiberLow CalorieDinner and LunchGluten-FreeChickenVegetableVegetable Dinner and Lunch Recipesdairy free dinner and lunch recipesLow Calorie Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Fat Chicken RecipesHigh Protein Egg RecipesLow Calorie Egg Recipes for Weight LossLow Carb Vegetable RecipesLow Calorie Vegetable Recipes for Weight LossGluten-Free Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.