Fitness Chicken Breasts with Pineapple in Cheese Sauce
Who doesn't like a delicious combination of chicken and pineapple? These excellent chicken breasts with pineapple in a delicious cheese sauce are perfect as healthy lunch or dinner. And best of all, you can serve them directly inside the pineapple!
This healthy food with a touch of exotics is full of protein and you can serve it either with your favorite garnish or alone. Instead of almonds in the recipe, you can use cashew nuts to supply the meal with pleasant crunchiness. If you like the leaf celery, I recommend adding it too.
Pineapple contains minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphor, zinc, and iron. It also contains ferulic and folic acid, manganese, and plant sterols that help to lower cholesterol and the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Moreover, pineapple includes soluble fiber that has a positive effect on proper intestine function, and vitamin B12, E and, vitamin C, which boosts the immune system. However, the most valuable nutrient in pineapple is the anti-inflammatory enzyme, bromelain. It helps to dissolve sludge in the circulatory system, which as a result, lowers blood pressure and improves blood coagulation. Bromelain also improves digestion and accelerates fat burning.
- 800g (28oz) chicken breasts
- 400g (14oz) pineapple
- ½ onion
- handful of almonds (chopped into pieces) (I recommend these)
- 2 celery stems (optional)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 150g (5.3oz) soft cheese (e.g. blue cheese)
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Sauté finely chopped onion in one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add diced chicken and stir-fry until golden.
- When meat is done, mix it with finely cut pineapple, lettuce, almonds, and (optionally) chopped celery stem and parsley, in a bowl.
- In a small pot, warm and melt soft cheese with milk, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour warm dressing over the chicken salad and serve with rice, couscous, bulgur, quinoa, or as is.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh ProteinEgg-Freegluten free dinner and lunch recipesEgg-Free Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Dinner and Lunch RecipesHealthy Chicken Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Chicken RecipesGluten-Free Chicken RecipesHigh Protein Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.