Fitness Chicken Curry with Apples
Healthy and quick high protein lunch or dinner - fitness chicken curry with apples. Another great recipe idea, if you have no idea what to cook or if you want to try out something new and tasty. This easy recipe combines chicken meat, apple, curry powder and soy sauce in one pot thus creating a nutritious meal that is full of flavor for the entire family.
Everybody can handle the preparation, even ones without any culinary skills. All you need is one pot and half an hour of your time. The chicken thighs will be stewed slowly with other ingredients under one pot lid and your task will only be to ensure it has enough water, so it will not burn to the bottom of the pot. An ideal recipe for gentlemen who want to delight their better halves - prepare this tasty fitness curry recipe with chicken for them. Such a surprise will make everyone happy, for sure!
You can serve your meal with rice, couscous or other garnish to your liking. You can even stir in some plain Greek yogurt to the meat before serving, to make the sauce smoother and thicker. It will add a creamier taste to the entire meal. This chicken curry recipe is absolutely delicious and I'm sure your entire family will get to love it - you have to try it out :)
- In a large skillet, melt a teaspoon of coconut oil, add in finely chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the diced chicken, diced apple, soy sauce, curry powder, 2 tablespoons of mustard and pour with a cup of water.
- Cover the skillet and let the meat simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In case the meat starts to burn, add some water and stir more often.
- You can thicken and soften the meat sauce by adding some Greek yogurt after it's cooked thoroughly.
- The chicken curry is ideally served with rice or couscous.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|