Healthy Chickpea Gnocchi (Gluten-Free)
Everyone comes here once. Craving for genuine Slavic food. Gnocchi. In your imaginations you already roast the bacon on the pan and you have a delicious sheep cheese flavor on your tongue. And then you say: This time it could be healthier.
I have prepared for you a healthy gluten-free chickpea gnocchi recipe, because I love you and I want to indulge you with enjoyment of new alternative of a tasty, healthy and easy meal. We only need 4 ingredients for these gnocchi.
The chickpea is a real protein bomb and most likely you have already got to know its charm in other different forms, like spreads or salads, that will fill you up and are hiding a lot of fiber for better digestion. Moreover, healthy gluten-free chickpea gnocchi, thanks to their main ingredient, contain the necessary dose of iron and they are also suitable for celiacs, since they are gluten-free.
These gluten-free chickpea gnocchi have a slightly nutty taste and in comparison with common gnocchi, they have much more protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and fewer carbohydrates. You can prepare them in both a savory and sweet way – serve them with sheep cheese, quark, cottage cheese, ground nuts, or high quality marmelade. You can prepare chickpea flour at home using blender, or buy it on the internet or in big supermarkets.
- In a bowl, mix chickpea flour with water and egg.
- The dough will not be as dense as you’re used to, but that’s good.
- Bring water to a boil and season with salt.
- Put the dough onto a cutting board, place it over boiling water, and cut small pieces into the water, using a knife.
- Cook gnocchi until they rise to the top (approximately 2 to 3 minutes).
- When done, strain gnocchi and serve warm with desired garnish.
|Preparation time||8 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|