Healthy Chickpea Socca
In the French streets, the scent of socca or chickpea cake is present at every corner. You can take inspiration from the south of France and have the scent of totally gluten-free freshly baked chickpea socca present in your apartment too.
Chickpea socca is quite a versatile meal. You can prepare it as a cake on the pan or simply using my recipe, bake it in an oven in form of a chickpea savory cake. You will only need chickpea flour, water, olive oil, salt and pepper to prepare it.
Chickpea is one of the healthiest leguminous plants and is suitable for all age categories. Thanks to its high content of protein and fiber, it will enrich your health, and will also please celiacs with its gluten-free feature. The health benefits of the chickpea will be appreciated by pregnant women too. Unlike other legumes, chickpea doesn't cause bloating, fills you up and supports your efforts during dieting.
Healthy chickpea socca is a great substitute for pastry and you will prepare it actually really quickly and easily. Enjoy this delicious gluten-free thin crust bread made of chickpea flour with delicious crispy edges and a soft inside. You can prepare it in many ways. Serve it, for example, with tuna spread, cottage cheese, hummus or with a salad garnish. This socca tastes light and great!
- In a bowl, mix chickpea flour, water and salt.
- You can add finely chopped olives or dried tomatoes as well.
- Pour 2 tbsp olive oil onto a cake pan or other baking pan and put in a preheated oven at 205 degrees Celsius (400 °F) for 2 minutes.
- Carefully take the pan out of the oven and pour prepared dough onto the pan.
- Bake at 205 degrees Celsius (400 °F) for 30 minutes.
- When done, cut socca into triangles and serve with desired garnish.
|Preparation time||35 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 slice|