Healthy Sweet Chickpea Porridge
If you are tired of oats, millet or even buckwheat porridge for breakfast, try this creamy healthy chickpea porridge. It is suitable not only for breakfast, it serves as a healthy dessert too. And I promise that nobody will discover that it is really made of chickpea.
Therefore it is a great choice, if you also want to add more tasty version of legumes into your menu or into your children's nutrition plan.
Many meals can be prepared from chickpea - from salty main courses and salads to sweet desserts and porridges. It is a perfect, nutritionally valuable legume with a fine nutty flavor and a high protein and dietary fiber content. After mixing with other ingredients in this recipe, it has a beautiful creamy consistency. This chickpea porridge has additionally very low fat and low calorie content.
You can even use a protein powder (in any flavor) in this chickpea porridge, making its protein level even higher. However, don't worry if you don't have protein powder, this porridge will be outstanding also without it. The most of all I like it with berries and dark chocolate chips or nuts.
You can either use home-cooked chickpea or preserved one from the store to prepare this porridge.
Treat yourself with this tasty and healthy breakfast, this porridge can be prepared in a moment. For vegan version, simply replace classic milk with plant milk or nut milk, and you can use maple syrup instead of honey.
- ¼ cup applesauce (or peanut/almond butter)
- ¼ cup milk (of your own choice)
- 3 Tbsp oats (I recommend these)
- 2 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- pinch of salt
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional) (I recommend this one)
- fruit, dark chocolate (70%+), cocoa nibs, raisins, nuts, shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- In a blender, blend together chickpeas, applesauce, milk, oats, sweetener, and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- If desired, add protein powder – if it’s flavored, put less sweetener, to taste.
- When the porridge is smooth, without any chickpea clumps, fold in fruit, dark chocolate, cocoa nibs, or raisins and serve.
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowLow FatVegetarianBreakfastHealthy DessertsDairy-freeEgg-FreeOatsBreakfast Oat RecipesLow Calorie Dessert RecipesHealthy Vegan Dessert RecipesEgg-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy High Fiber DessertsHealthy Oatmeal Dessert RecipesHigh Fiber Oat RecipesLow Fat Recipes with OatsHealthy Vegan Recipes with OatsHealthy Vegan Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.